Unique parent stock with specifically designing each detail in order to optimse results in terms of production, fertility and incubation.
In the development of this battery, Facco, unique in the sector, did not want to adapt a line of batteries for existing laying hens but instead carried out research with leading world producers, specifically designing each detail in order to optimse results in terms of production, fertility and incubation.
1. Design of Parent Stock
The particular removal system of the intermediate divisors (patent pending) enables managing the size of the groups by optimising the male/female ratio in every moment of the cycle, therefore the male/female ratio is optimised from the base cell size of 240 x 127 cm to a 480 x 127 cm cell, which can be increased at any time by removing further divisors.
– The special “C” design of the galvanized leg makes the structure considerably robust, which enables the use of up to 6 + 6 planes, keeping the profile easy to clean. It is crushed in the end part to enable safely checking the levelling foot.
– All of the divisors are removable (patent pending), enabling the management of the flock size in any moment of the cycle in that its easy removal permits optimising the male/female ratio by enlarging the flock if males die in a particular cell.
– After removing the divisor the horizontal beam becomes a perch that increases the space for perching.
– The design of the cell floor is the fruit of a series of research and tests carried out with large world producers of layer partents. Characterized by a lower support, every 60 cm is hot-galvanized (through which the 6 longitudinal support wires are held in a stable position) the footrest has a 24 x 17 grid with a 2.3 diameter that enables having the best support surface for mating, remaining flexible enough with respect to the egg, as proven by the extremely low percentage of broken eggs.
– A special closed perch has been placed longitudinally in the basket in order to avoid the accumulation of dirt. Its carefully studied design facilitates
mating and has proven to be a valid complement to nocturnal mating.
– The special design of the sliding doors enables opening the front in any moment, facilitating access to the animals. The vertical bars and their size are the results of tests carried out to avoid irritating rooster crests during feeding.
– The drinking trough made with one central row of nipples with a drip-catcher cup is located in a central position above the longitudinal perch. This differentiates the feeding area from
– The fodder car has always been one of Facco’s strengths. Thanks to the special design of the trough, the fodder car guarantees an excellent conversion by eliminating fodder waste. The levelling device that works on one side of the trough and not in the back enables maintaining an excellent distribution even when there are feathers in the trough. Alternatively, chain feeding can be provided.
2. The accompanying system
– The Facco Niagara has always been the best egg collector on the market and it joins high capacity egg collection with an extremely low breakage rate. The high collection capacity enables separately collecting, row by row, upon request and
above and below the walkway in order to manage possible flock differences inside the same structure. The miniflex system enables distributing the eggs along the entire width of the collector belt, avoiding delays and collisions and at the same time it removes the soft-shell eggs, reducing the need to clean the belt. The system is equipped with a motorized double-brush group that keeps the egg transport belt clean.
– Starting from the high-resistance polypropylene belt with limited thermal expansion, the poultry is managed automatically along its entire course thanks to the support system and the counterhead that guarantees the accurate cleaning of the belt and the horizontal conveyor with highly rubberised sheet is reliable and long lasting throughout time.